Yes, we all know that many eyes are trained on the iPhone 5 that is touted to arrive sometime in September or October, but that doesn’t mean Apple does not own any other high value “targets” – the iPad family being one of them. It seems that whispers are on the street, touting a premium version of the iPad 2 being in production, where it is intended to appeal to certain segments such as publishing – at least according to analysts.
Ashok Kumar, an analyst at Rodman & Renshaw says that “Apple is…expected to roll out a premium version of iPad 2–a higher resolution screen, front-/rear- facing HD cameras–in the current quarter. It looks like Hon Hai is going into production with this new SKU.”
Do you think any of these analysts’ claims hold water, considering the iPad 2 was just announced back in March, and a hardware refresh so soon after is not quite Apple’s style. If this was meant for a new iPad release next year, then it might be more plausible. Of course, we won’t really know unless we’re in the select group of people whom Steve Jobs trust, but a professional version of the iPad sounds more like hogwash to me at the moment. What about you?
Next Story: Logitech Revue Honeycomb update leaked
- 2014-04-21: Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2012-01-19: iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2011-12-09: iPad 2 Macintosh 128k case looks authentic
- 2011-12-07: iPad to be renamed in China?
- 2011-11-28: New iPad mentioned in iOS 5.1 firmware?
- 2011-11-18: JBL OnBeat Xtreme speaker dock available now