What happens when you cross love for the Star Wars franchise and its characters with idle hands and plenty of time? Why, you end up with DIY projects that are Star Wars-inspired, case in point this homemade R2-D2 crash helmet. Jenn Hall is the beauty behind this unique crash helmet – it is more or less guaranteed to capture the imagination of any motorist, helping her be seen whenever she rides her scooter or bicycle around while wearing it.
It does not look as though this helmet is going to turn around suddenly and let out classic R2-D2 sounds, although we are quite sure that someone out there might just come up with a special mod to make it all the more authentic. It does seem as though the flashing red bulb works just fine, and would add another dimension of visibility whenever you wear this while riding in low light conditions.
- 2014-04-20 DIY Web-Shooter To Complement Your Cyclops Ruby Quartz Visor
- 2014-03-27 DIY ‘Cyclops’ Laser Visor Lets You Cosplay As An X-Man
- 2014-03-26 Gamebuino, The Arduino Handheld Console
- 2014-03-13 Skull Orbic H.I. MIPS Helmet Warns You If It Is Seriously Damaged
- 2013-11-12 Hövding Invisible Bike Helmet - An Idea Worth Investing In?
- 2013-10-17 This Motorcycle Helmet Features A Rearview Camera, Turn-By-Turn Directions
- 2013-08-05 C-Preme Announces BULT Helmet With Integrated HD Camera
- 2013-05-01 Torch Helmet Makes You Visible From Any Angle
- 2011-09-02 LED Viking Helmet makes for cool Halloween costume
- 2011-03-23 Mil-Surplus Heli Helmet game headset looks far out