Redbox, the movie and video game rental service has officially announced its integration with Foursquare, expanding its potential customer base to over 10 million registered Foursquare users. To commemorate the partnership, Redbox will be launching a 10 Days of Deals campaign where Foursquare users who check in at Redbox kiosks will be able to unlock daily discount codes that range from $0.10 to $1.00. The discount codes will be usable for kiosk transactions that day.
With 68% of the US population living within a 5-minute drive of a Redbox kiosk, these deals will no doubt benefit a lot of people. Once the promotions are over, I wonder if users will bother to continue checking in if they don’t gain any benefits. How many of you use Redbox for your video game/DVD rental purposes?
Next Story: V-MODA Crossfade M-80: rugged headphones
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-02-04: Microsoft Invests $15 Million Into Foursquare
- 2014-01-30: Foursquare Now Lets You Order Food Within The App
- 2013-12-05: Foursquare v7.0 For iOS Gets A Complete Revamp
- 2013-10-14: Foursquare Ads Launched
- 2011-09-23: Blockbuster to take on Netflix with a streaming service
- 2011-09-21: Nokia's "Social Gift Machine" apparently dispenses Nokia N8s
- 2011-09-20: Foursquare to protect the location of your home
- 2011-08-18: Foursquare adds events to check-in locations
- 2011-05-25: Getaround CarKit lets you turn your car into a source of income