Redbox, the movie and video game rental service has officially announced its integration with Foursquare, expanding its potential customer base to over 10 million registered Foursquare users. To commemorate the partnership, Redbox will be launching a 10 Days of Deals campaign where Foursquare users who check in at Redbox kiosks will be able to unlock daily discount codes that range from $0.10 to $1.00. The discount codes will be usable for kiosk transactions that day.
With 68% of the US population living within a 5-minute drive of a Redbox kiosk, these deals will no doubt benefit a lot of people. Once the promotions are over, I wonder if users will bother to continue checking in if they don’t gain any benefits. How many of you use Redbox for your video game/DVD rental purposes?RELATED
- Yahoo Mail Was Down Due To A Hardware Problem
- Remaining UK Blockbuster Stores To Shut Down
- Ex-Napster Executive Killed In Cycling Accident Involving Police Car
- Mars One Intends To Launch Unmanned Mars Lander In 5 Years’ Time
- National Library Of Norway To Digitize Its Entire Collection Of Books And Materials
- Follow: check-in, foursquare, redbox, rental, service,