If you want to get away from it all, you need not travel all the way to the Himalayas and seek out a zen guru sitting at the mountaintop amidst the chilling cold. No sir, all you need to do is make your way to Marriott’s Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel that has a weekend package available to those who want to unplug from the rest of the world and recharge their internal batteries.
Anytime from now till September 25th, the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel’s “Zen and the Art of Detox” package will ensure overstressed consumers are able to revive themselves as they get away from an over-stimulated world. Not only does the package comprise of a luxurious deluxe king room, you will also need to surrender most of your consumer electronics and gadgets upon check-in, ranging from laptops to cell phones, smartphones, portable media players, and other digital devices.
There won’t be any TV, phone or docking station in the room as well – as literary classics will adorn your room instead. The “Detox” weekend rates will vary between $199 and $399 per night, where you can also indulge in kayak lessons that are within a short walk from the hotel. With no phone around, how will room service work? Do I ring a bell, or must I get up from that super comfortable bed and flag down a housekeeping staff outside?
Next Story: Motorola denies Droid Bionic Twitter page
- 2013-11-18: China Space Capsule Hotel Has Robots On Its Payroll
- 2013-08-06: Twitter-Powered Hotel Encourages Visitors To Tweet Their Experience
- 2013-07-31: Sol Wave House A Twitter Experience Hotel
- 2012-07-16: Hotels.com launches Deals Facebook app, combines travel booking and social networking
- 2011-08-31: Renaissance Pittsburgh bans phones from premises
- 2011-06-20: DirecTV germ-free remote controls for hotel rooms