IFA 2011 that will be held in Berlin, Germany over the weekend will play host to a slew of new devices and consumer electronics, and South Korean giant Samsung will have their hands full then. We do know that Samsung will be rolling out a spanking new Galaxy Player there, otherwise known as the Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 3.6 Smart Player. Is it me, or is Samsung taking the same route as what Apple did when the iPod touch resembled the iPhone, save for the fact that it cannot make/receive calls?
Specifications are still under wraps, but chances are pretty good that the Galaxy S WiFi 3.6 will feature a 3.6″ multi-touchscreen display (hence the model number), a 1GHz processor, Android 2.3 Gingerbread, Bluetooth 3.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity, GPS navigational support, expandable memory for expansion purposes and SoundAlive technology. You will be able to choose from 8GB and 16GB capacities, where it will retail for around 150GBP and 170GBP, respectively, over at Amazon UK.
Next Story: Reader Store charts European waters
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2013-05-15: Google Unlocked Galaxy S4 Features Stock Android Jelly Bean
- 2013-03-15: HTC President Bashes Samsung Galaxy S4 Event
- 2013-03-15: Samsung Teams Up With HP To Offer Seamless Printing With Galaxy S4
- 2012-08-20: Alleged Samsung Galaxy Player photo surfaces, sports whopping 5.8" display
- 2012-03-28: Samsung Galaxy S 'value pack' upgrade hits Korea