Just a quick recap for those who have not managed to follow the recent legal proceedings between Apple and Samsung. Apple managed to score their first victory through an injunction in Australia, which resulted in the sales of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 coming to a screeching halt.
Samsung then announced that they would proceed to sell an Australian version of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the near future, and now it seems that true to their word, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 may very well be seeing a release in Australia come 1st of September.
A recent flyer from Australian retail store, Myer, has revealed that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be available on the 1st of September. This is a few days after the scheduled hearing in the Apple vs Samsung case, which will be taking place on the 29th of August, so we’re not sure if Samsung doesn’t care about the injunction, or has great confidence that the injunction will be overturned, or perhaps Myer did not get the news that the sales of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is on pause for now.
So what do you guys think? Any Australian readers out there who might have come across similar ads from other Australian retailers such as JB Hi-Fi or the Good Guys?
- 2013-09-06 Samsung Reportedly Pessimistic About Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 Edition Sales
- 2012-09-18 Preliminary injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will still stand
- 2012-09-14 Verizon approves Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- 2012-09-12 Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets voice calling capability
- 2012-08-14 Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi finally receives Android 4.0 ICS update
- 2011-11-25 Australian judge feels injunction against Samsung was not fair
- 2011-11-08 Australian retailer takes a stand against Apple's injunction of the Galaxy Tab 10.1
- 2011-10-04 Apple rejects Samsung's deal in Australia
- 2011-09-30 Samsung offers Apple a deal to let them sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia
- 2011-09-06 Apple pressured to reveal iPad sales figures to prove they were affected by Samsung