It looks like Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 owners are in for a treat this Friday – the folks over at pcmag.com have reported that Samsung will be rolling out a new update for the tablet on August 5th. The update will improve the tablet’s TouchWiz user interface as well as provide other updates such as Adobe Flash Player 10.3 and a revamped Samsung Media Hub service.
The update to TouchWiz will include features such as Live Panel a “magazine-like widget view” for weather, social updates, email, photos etc all on the home screen, Mini Mode Tray – one touch access to commonly used apps, Indicator Quick Panel – for quick toggling of WiFi access, notifications, sound, brightness and other settings, as well as a photo editor. The Media Hub has been redesigned to take full advantage of the 10.1″ display, and now has Media Hub Show for TV playback via a HDMI cable.
The update will also include apps such as the Amazon Music Cloud Player, Amazon Kindle, and Words with Friends. The tablet will also include full support for Exchange ActiveSync version 14, on-device encryption, Cisco VPN, Sybase MDM, and Cisco WebEx mobile conferencing. The Swype keyboard will also be added, along with mobile printing and Samsung Kies 2.0.
To update your Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet, log into your Samsung account on the tablet here. You will be notified when the update is available. If you get the update this week, let us know how it goes for you.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2012-07-24: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 unboxed
- 2012-02-21: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi CyanogenMod 9 pre-alpha available
- 2011-12-28: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with 4G LTE receives major update
- 2011-11-14: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 receives botched Honeycomb update
- 2011-08-15: Samsung halts Galaxy Tab 10.1 TouchWiz update