Leaks in the tech world do not involve any form of water, but rather, they are juicy bits and snippets – which is why Samsung’s i9220 handset has plenty of rumors to go along with it. It is said that this particular make will feature a 5.29″ Super AMOLED Plus display at 1,280 x 720 resolution. This certainly contradicts what earlier reports point to – which is a less than stellar 4.5″ size, albeit at the same 720p level resolution. Will it be 5.29″ or 4.5″? Granted, 4.5″ is already pretty generous in this day and age, but if we can get away with a larger screen, why not?
There are also rumors going around which were based on a leaked roadmap that pointed towards a separate device, otherwise known as the i9210, which would carry similar hardware albeit targeting different markets or carriers. No idea on whether the i9210 is a regional variant or it is based on different hardware, but we guess that time will reveal all.
It is also tipped that both handsets will run on dual-core 1.5GHz processors which hail from Qualcomm, sporting 1GB RAM and 16GB of internal memory, coupled with an 8-megapixel camera at the back and a 2-megapixel front facing camera. It will be powered by Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread so you need not wait for an update after purchasing it.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch