Despite being released not too long ago, the Samsung Infuse 4G was released with Froyo (Android 2.2) as instead of having Gingerbread (Android 2.3) out of the box. Since then, people have been waiting pretty patiently for the update, and we’re glad to say that it’s going to arrive sometime this month. In a recent reply to a question on the AT&T Twitter account, the carrier confirmed that the Infuse will be getting Gingerbread this month.
The Tweet also posts a link to its July 25 press release which lists a number of phones in addition to the Infuse 4G, which could possibly mean those phones will be getting the update this month as well. The other phones listed are the LG Phoenix, Motorola ATRIX 4G (which already received it), Pantech Crossover, Samsung Captivate, and Inspire 4G (already received as well). With almost half the month already gone, it shouldn’t be too long before we see the Infuse 4G Gingerbread update being rolled out.
Next Story: Xenith, the fastest solar car ever?
- 2014-04-24 Flexible Displays Rumored For Galaxy S6 And Galaxy Note 5
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2012-02-07 Samsung Infuse 4G Gingerbread update put on hold
- 2012-02-01 Samsung Infuse 4G finally receives Gingerbread
- 2012-01-10 Samsung Captivate (finally) gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 2011-10-31 LTE capable Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket arrives on AT&T
- 2011-10-13 Firmware update for AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S2 leaked