Despite being released not too long ago, the Samsung Infuse 4G was released with Froyo (Android 2.2) as instead of having Gingerbread (Android 2.3) out of the box. Since then, people have been waiting pretty patiently for the update, and we’re glad to say that it’s going to arrive sometime this month. In a recent reply to a question on the AT&T Twitter account, the carrier confirmed that the Infuse will be getting Gingerbread this month.
The Tweet also posts a link to its July 25 press release which lists a number of phones in addition to the Infuse 4G, which could possibly mean those phones will be getting the update this month as well. The other phones listed are the LG Phoenix, Motorola ATRIX 4G (which already received it), Pantech Crossover, Samsung Captivate, and Inspire 4G (already received as well). With almost half the month already gone, it shouldn’t be too long before we see the Infuse 4G Gingerbread update being rolled out.
Next Story: Xenith, the fastest solar car ever?
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2012-02-07: Samsung Infuse 4G Gingerbread update put on hold
- 2012-02-01: Samsung Infuse 4G finally receives Gingerbread
- 2012-01-10: Samsung Captivate (finally) gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 2011-10-31: LTE capable Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket arrives on AT&T
- 2011-10-13: Firmware update for AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S2 leaked