A little over a week ago we reported that Apple had managed to halt the sales of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia. Samsung responded by saying that they will still push ahead for the launch of an Australia version of the Galaxy Tab 10.1, which has led some to believe that Samsung may be skirting around the issue by changing some of the hardware which was not part of the patent infringement lawsuit. We also reported yesterday that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 also got blocked in the EU. Not too pleased by this (obviously), Samsung responded with the following statement:
“Samsung is disappointed with the court’s decision and we intend to act immediately to defend our intellectual property rights through the ongoing legal proceedings in Germany and will continue to actively defend these rights throughout the world.
The request for injunction was filed with no notice to Samsung, and the order was issued without any hearing or presentation of evidence from Samsung.
We will take all necessary measures to ensure Samsung’s innovative mobile communications devices are available to customers in Europe and around the world.
This decision by the court in Germany in no way influences other legal proceedings filed with the courts in Europe and elsewhere.”
With Apple’s success first in Australia and then the EU, could they be looking to halt sales of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the US or Asia next?
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2011-12-15: Samsung Galaxy Tab is "The tablet Apple tried to stop."
- 2011-12-13: Design of the Samsung Galaxy Tab according to Apple
- 2011-12-09: Apple appeals denied injunction against Samsung in the US
- 2011-09-30: Samsung offers Apple a deal to let them sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia
- 2011-09-12: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 still being sold in Germany due to legal loophole