Sandisk is introducing the Sansa Clip Zip, an uber-small “sub $50″ MP3 player that has 4GB ($49.99) or 8GB ($69.99), which can be further extended with a microSD card (32GB). When fully loaded on the storage side, it can contain 8000 songs, which is *a lot*, especially if you paid for all these MP3s
The Sansa Clip Zip has a 1.1″ color screen that powers the user interface. This is not a touch display, but at 1.1″ it’s probably a good idea. Despite the small size, the album photos are recognizable and the overall experience is much better than it was with a monochrome display.The Sansa Clip Zip also supports (non-DRM) AAC files from Apple/iTunes. However, the most interesting part in my opinion is the support for music rental via Rhapsody. Such a music rental service will let you load 40GB (or more) on your mobile device, and the music will work for as long as you have a subscription. In addition of being an MP3 player, it is also an FM radio.
The device can be charged with a micro-USB cable (surely, you’ve got many already), and comes in 7 colors (white, black, red, orange, gun metal gray, blue, purple).
Next Story: LEGO robotic arm powered by NXT
- 2014-03-11: SanDisks' Latest 128GB microSDXC Card Plays Nice With Windows Phone
- 2014-02-24: 128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card Announced
- 2014-02-12: SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC/SDXC UHS-II Is "World’s Fastest"
- 2014-01-06: 64GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive
- 2013-09-12: SanDisk Announces Availability of 256GB CompactFlash Card
- 2009-08-31: Sandisk Sansa Clip Plus
- 2009-10-17: Sandisk Sansa Clip+ Going To Canada
- 2010-08-31: SanDisk Sansa Fuze+ MP3 player available now