Most gamers in their mid-late 20’s or 30’s and possibly 40’s are probably familiar with Sonic the hedgehog game which was originally released for the Sega CD system back in 1993. Younger gamers probably recognize Sonic from his more recent 3D iterations, but for those looking for a blast from the past, Sega has some good news for you.
It was announced today that Sega will be releasing Sonic CD across a variety of platforms which include mobile phones and gaming consoles. We know that there are games with much, much, much better graphics out there, but what better way to discover what the hype was about by playing the original classic game.
To be more specific, the re-release will be making its way to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Windows PC and Windows Phone and let’s not forget Android. No word on how much it will cost and if it will cost the same across all the platforms, but fans of the game can expect the game to be made available in late 2011.
Alternatively if you’re attending PAX Prime at Seattle, just hop on down to Microsoft’s booth as the game will be making its debut (or re-debut?) from August 26th-28th 2011.RELATED
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Fallout 4 Teaser Website Reveals New Message; Counting Down To Dec. 11
- Follow: ps3, sega, xbox,
- Seen at: eurodroid