Sony Ericsson has not given up on making smartphones just yet, and the company has just announced something that should please owners of its Xperia range of phones, as those models will be getting the Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update in October – better late than never, we say. Too bad this upgrade is limited to just Xperia handsets that were released this year – including the Play, Arc and Neo, and the timing will depend on the individual mobile operators.
Just what will Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread bring to the table? For starters, it will boast of a 3D sweep panorama camera mode, letting you enjoy whatever 3D shots you captured with the handset over on a 3D-capable TV or LCD monitor. Since Sony Ericsson’s phones do not come with dual cameras for true blue 3D image capture, it should be safe to assume that 3D images conjured are due to a conversion process.
Other features will comprise of the updated Facebook Inside software, Google Talk with video chat capability, screenshot capture, Swype text input as well as USB support via the Sony Ericsson Live Dock.
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2011-10-28: Sony Ericsson to roll out Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread updates for Xperia devices globally
- 2011-05-26: Android 2.3.4 update coming to Xperia line this October
- 2011-04-04: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro: caught in the wild again
- 2011-02-13: Sony Ericsson unveils the Xperia neo
- 2011-01-26: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (PlayStation Phone) given an in-depth preview