Sony Ericsson’s latest smartphone is known as Live with Walkman, where it will run on the latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system right out of the box, so that you need not wait for a software update right from the get go. Just what does this Android-powered smartphone offer? For starters, it will concentrate on giving you a unique social music experience, thanks to a dedicated Walkman hardware button that brings you straight to the music player, letting you share content thanks to deep Facebook integration.
There is also an infinite button which allows you to explore even more, while Qriocity service support from Sony delivers both music and video content for your enjoyment. A mineral glass display is used, alongside a glossy finish, making this a surefire fingerprint magnet. Other hardware specifications include a 3.2″ display, a 1GHz processor, a front-facing camera, a 5-megapixel camera with autofocus and HD recording capability, and Sony’s own xLOUD enhanced audio output amongst others.
The amount of RAM is rather disappointing at just 320MB, although you can augment storage space with a microSD memory card. No idea on pricing or availability, but you can be sure that when the Live with Walkman arrives in markets Q4 this year, it will remain in the shadows of the iPhone 5. [Press Release]
- 2013-08-07: Sony Updates Walkman, Movies And Album Apps
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-04-14: Sony Ericsson W15 Walkman phone to arrive this quarter?
- 2010-03-20: Sony Ericsson Preparing New Touchscreen Walkman Phone?
- 2010-06-03: Sony Ericsson Android-powered Walkman Phone This Month?