It goes without saying that most smartphone companies would do well to have some sort of flagship model with which it could be use to differentiate the company’s direction from another. Sony Ericsson hasn’t exactly been churning out awe-inspiring designs, but on average, their phones do look pretty easy on the eyes. Word has gone around that Sony Ericsson’s Nozomi will be the next flagship model, where it will be powered by a 1.4GHz processor and accompanied by a 4.3″ display at 720p resolution, sporting the model number LT26i/LT26a. Nice to know that this phone will not be limited to a Japan-only release, as the world’s the phone’s oyster. No idea on how much will it cost, nor when will it be released, but sooner is always better than later, don’t you think so?
As for the Sony Ericsson SK19i that we mentioned earlier, being caught in a benchmark test, that model is said to have been shelved – for good. Originally meant to be a slider handset that has a QWERTY keyboard thrown into the mix, the phone will no longer be worked upon. Of course, this is still very preliminary – and such a rumor could eventually be proven right or otherwise – all it needs is time.
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2012-01-06: Sony Ericsson Nozomi leaked ahead of CES
- 2011-12-14: Sony Ericsson to unveil new Xperia phones at CES 2012
- 2011-12-12: More photos of Sony Ericsson's Xperia Arc HD (Nozomi) surface
- 2011-12-05: Sony Ericsson Nozomi and two new Xperia handsets leaked in renders?
- 2011-12-05: Sony Ericsson Nozomi render spotted