Looking for a new car audio system? If you are, perhaps it’s time to skip the CD players and jump straight into the digital world with streaming. Yes, if the new Sony in-dash car audio receivers are anything like they promised, you will now be able to control Pandora via the audio receiver itself.
The models in question are the CDX-GT565UP, DSX-S210X, and DSX-S310BTX, and they are said to be able to stream Pandora’s Internet radio from a connected iPhone, with the S310BTX bringing support for Android and Blackberry devices as well.
For those who prefer tuning into Sirius XM, this is an option with a new add-on SXV100 tuner for the CDX-GT360MP, CDX-GT56UI, CDX-GT565UP, and CDX-GT660UP models, although if you prefer having the option of tuning in two either Pandora or Sirius XM, the GT565UP is probably the model you’re after.
If you still prefer the CD format, the DSX models will be able to offer CD playback, four-line OLED screens and get SensMe playlists. The S310BTX will even come with Bluetooth for wireless streaming should you prefer to listening to songs on your phone.
The models are expected to ship in September, so if you’re on the lookout for a new audio system for your car, perhaps waiting a month to get your hands on the above-mentioned models might be worth the wait.
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2011-11-07 Sony Music Unlimited Adds MyChannels Internet Radio