To all you folks who haven’t purchased a gaming console yet we’ve got some good news for you. Sony has just announced that it has slashed the price of its latest home video game console: the PlayStation 3. Starting today, you can purchase the 160GB PS3 for only $249, while the 320GB model will only cost you $299. If that’s not good enough for you, Sony will also be selling limited edition inFAMOUS 2 bundles where users can pick up the 320GB PS3 for $299 with a copy of inFAMOUS 2 and a 30-day membership to PlayStation Plus.
Other than the low price tag, the hardware is the same, so you can tell that Sony is really trying to encourage the sales of the device. The PS3 has been around for almost five years now, and this price reduction could possibly signify the coming of the PlayStation 4 which has been rumored to be arriving next year. Either way, late adopters of the console will have a huge catalog of games to go through if they purchase the PS3, so its age shouldn’t really be an issue. Will any of you be picking up the PS3 now that it’s even more affordable?RELATED
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Releasing March 18
- Donkey Kong Projected Onto A Wedding Cake Is Completely Playable
- Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Releasing Feb. 21 With Playable Cranky
- Telltale Games Announces 'Tales From The Borderlands' Episodic Game
- Follow: playstation, playstation 3, price, ps3, Sony,