When the iPhone first launched in the US, it was only available to AT&T subscribers for a good few years, until the beginning of this year when the carrier’s exclusivity deal with Apple ended and Verizon was brought into the picture as well. Now it looks like there will be a third carrier to join to iPhone-carrying duo in the US – Sprint. According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, their sources familiar with the matter said that Sprint will be selling the iPhone 5 when it becomes available later this year (rumored to be in mid-October).
If these reports turn out to be true, Sprint having the iPhone will be beneficial to both Sprint and Apple. Apple will get an additional user base of potential customers, while Sprint will get to keep its loyal customers who have been waiting for the iPhone on the network, as well as draw in new subscribers who would want an iPhone on Sprint. However rumors are rumors until we have some solid evidence of it happening, so until then, take this news with a grain of salt. How many of you would like a Sprint iPhone?
Next Story: HTC Wildfire S Review
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2012-01-25: iPhone 5 details leaked by Foxconn employee?
- 2011-11-18: Rumors about the new iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro surface
- 2011-10-03: Sprint iPhone 5 spotted in Radio Shack inventory list?
- 2011-09-06: Sprint installing cellular repeaters in Apple Stores for the iPhone 5?
- 2011-05-13: Next iPhone to be called the iPhone 4S?