Buy a coffee, get a free music track! Sounds familiar? If it does, that’s because it’s been the deal Starbucks has been offering its patrons in the US for years, where buying coffee or a snack will net you a card that allows you to redeem a free song from iTunes. It looks like that business model and has been updated and instead of giving a free iTunes track, it will instead give you a free app.
Called the “Pick of the Week”, it works the same way as Starbucks’ previous offering, swapping out the song for an app instead. As the name implies, an app will be featured every week and buying a drink or snack from Starbucks will give you a card with a code on the back that allows you to redeem it from the iTunes App Store.
The promotion kicked off with Shazam Encore which is the premium version of the song identifying app. It’s worth $5.99 which essentially makes your cup of coffee free, so if you ever needed a reason to go Starbucks, perhaps this could be it.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: apps, itunes, promotion, starbucks,
- Seen at: tuaw