At long last, the successor to Symbian Anna is finally out – and here are all the details of the new Symbian Belle operating system update. As with any other new operating systems, you will find a slew of improvements and features that intend to make it the best yet – and Symbian Belle might disappoint just a select few once you’re done reading. Continuing the good work where Symbian Anna left off, you might want to check out some of the improvements in greater detail after the jump.
Fancy free-form, resizable, live widgets? Yes, you will get that with Symbian Belle, enjoying various widgets including a clock, email, music player, favorite contacts and calendar that have been lovingly redesigned, with 5 sizes to choose from now. Heck, you can even resize and rearrange them in your own style for a wholly personalized screen collection.
You will also have half a dozen homescreens to play around with – that is double of what Symbian Anna offered, letting you gain access to your most frequently used apps faster than ever before.
The status bar has also been improved, where you get a more modern, flat look, while a pull down notifications tab will incorporate a bunch of common settings, including the notification of incoming messages and missed calls amongst others.
As for the navigation and options bar located at the bottom of the display, they will look far more modern – as what you first spotted on the Nokia N9. Symbian Belle also brings along Near-Field Communications (NFC) integration on the operating system level, letting but a single tap share images as well as hook up to accessories – sans wires, of course.
If you’re running a Nokia handset with Symbian^3 (Nokia N8, E7, C7, C6-01, X7, E6 and 500), then you will have plenty of fun with Symbian Belle. Those who have made the update, what do you think about it? [Press Release]
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2013-04-24: Nokia Updates Symbian Belle Feature Pack 1 And FP 2 Phones
- 2012-01-30: Nokia Belle update could start rolling out 8th February
- 2011-10-10: Nokia explains the design process behind Symbian Belle
- 2011-08-22: Nokia launches countdown to "something new on Symbian"
- 2011-07-06: Symbian Anna delayed to end of August, irks Nokia phone owners to no end