Research In Motion (RIM) has just introduced its latest BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone which runs on the new BlackBerry OS 7 to boot. No idea on just when it will arrive, but a leaked document from T-Mobile does give a semblance of an idea – making it a rather expensive smartphone when you consider all the dollars that you exchange for it.
T-Mobile does seem to be targeting an August 31st release for the BlackBerry Bold 9900, burning a near $300 hole in your pocket. Wait a minute here, that shouldn’t sound too bad after you include a mail-in rebate, right? Sorry guys and girls, the $50 mail-in rebate has already been taken into account, resulting in the $300 price point.
It is understandable that the Bold 9900 will not fall short when it comes to its internal hardware and kind of technology it packs, but the price tag might seem to be far too high compared to what you’re getting – relatively speaking, of course. We do wonder though – should it not sell well at all in the market, could we be looking at a revised price (downwards, of course) shortly?
Next Story: Xbox 360 might get Skype integration
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2011-10-04: T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9900 to get WiFi calling in November
- 2011-09-01: BlackBerry Bold 9900 4G arrives on T-Mobile
- 2011-08-17: T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9900 confirmed
- 2011-08-01: BlackBerry Bold 9900 for T-Mobile coming this August 31st?
- 2009-11-22: BlackBerry Bold 9700 On AT&T