Steve Jobs stepping down as CEO of Apple was a pretty big surprise to a lot of people, but his successor of choice came as a no-brainer. Tim Cook has been acting CEO quite a number of times when Steve Jobs had to go away due to health-related issues. While it hasn’t been officially announced why Steve Jobs decided to leave his post this time around; it looks like we’ll have to start getting used to calling Tim Cook the CEO of Apple.
Although Apple is in good hands under the leadership of Tim Cook, the new CEO sent out an email to all the employees in the company earlier today to reassure them that Apple isn’t going to change. After being so successful with most of its recent endeavors, it would be a silly thing to change how the company is run and the products it creates anyway. Like the old saying goes, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”… right? Hit the break to read the complete internal email that was leaked online:
I am looking forward to the amazing opportunity of serving as CEO of the most innovative company in the world. Joining Apple was the best decision I’ve ever made and it’s been the privilege of a lifetime to work for Apple and Steve for over 13 years. I share Steve’s optimism for Apple’s bright future.
Steve has been an incredible leader and mentor to me, as well as to the entire executive team and our amazing employees. We are really looking forward to Steve’s ongoing guidance and inspiration as our Chairman.
I want you to be confident that Apple is not going to change. I cherish and celebrate Apple’s unique principles and values. Steve built a company and culture that is unlike any other in the world and we are going to stay true to that—it is in our DNA. We are going to continue to make the best products in the world that delight our customers and make our employees incredibly proud of what they do.
I love Apple and I am looking forward to diving into my new role. All of the incredible support from the Board, the executive team and many of you has been inspiring. I am confident our best years lie ahead of us and that together we will continue to make Apple the magical place that it is.
What do you think of Tim Cook as Apple’s new CEO? Do you think he could continue to lead the company in the same way that Steve Jobs has been doing all this while?
Next Story: OWC Mercury 6G SSDs are fast and cheap
- 2014-03-14 Steve Wozniak Doesn't Think Tim Cook Should Be Fired
- 2014-03-02 Tim Cook Says Hard To Call Apple TV A 'Hobby' These Days
- 2014-02-07 Tim Cook Compares Android To Europe
- 2014-01-15 Tim Cook 'Incredibly Optimistic' About Apple's Partnership With China Mobile
- 2013-12-22 Tim Cook Tells Employees Apple Has Big Plans For 2014
- 2013-08-22 Apple CEO Tim Cook Profiled As A 'No-Nonsense' Leader
- 2013-05-13 Bill Gates Recognizes Steve Jobs Was Better At Design Than Him
- 2013-04-01 Steve Jobs Had The Next Two iPhones Designed Under Him
- 2013-02-27 Tim Cook Confirms Apple Looking Into New Categories For 2013 Products
- 2011-01-17 Steve Jobs Takes a Medical Leave