A few days back we reported on the Silicon Power Touch 835 USB flash drive that the company claimed was rugged and could withstand certain elements of nature. Well perhaps in a bid not to be outdone, Transcend has released a new flash drive which is part of their JetFlash series, the T35 USB flash drive.
Transcend is claiming that the device is not only feather light and credit card thin (thanks to its chip-on-board technology), but it is also rugged enough to resist dust, stress, vibrations and even a full water submission! We’re guessing that due to its thin size there are probably not many moving parts which could open itself up to possible damages.
Unfortunately it appears to only support USB 2.0 and comes in sizes of 4GB, 8GB and 16GB with reported read/write speeds of 18MB/s and 5MB/s respectively. For those in the need for a rugged and slim USB flash drive, the Transcend JetFlash T35 will set you back €9.90 (4 GB), €14.90 (8 GB) or €24.90 (16 GB).
- 2014-04-03: Captain America Saves Your Data, Too
- 2014-04-02: USB Type-C Cable Render Spotted
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2014-03-13: dataSTICKIES Concept USB Flash Drive
- 2014-03-10: Aleratec Cruiser Mini Portable Makes Short Work Of USB Flash Drive Duplication
- 2012-01-26: Transcend launches Jetflash 780 USB 3.0 flash drives
- 2011-09-29: LaCie announces the LaPlug
- 2011-09-27: Buffalo MiniStation Extreme and DriveStation Axis Velocity external hard drives
- 2011-08-31: High-heel inspired USB stick is cute
- 2011-08-04: Roland TR-808 miniature replica 8GB USB flash drive