With digital photos starting to replace the need for film, it also is starting to reduce the need for conventional picture frames. After all why would you need to print photographs and store them in frames when they can be easily accessed from our computers, smartphones and tablets? One could argue that picture frames placed around a home would make it feel more “homely” and adds a personal touch and that’s what Elecom is hoping to achieve with their “Un Photoalbum”.
Granted that digital picture frames aren’t exactly breaking news in the tech world, display quality along with battery life for such gadgets are constantly changing and evolving, and Elecom’s DPF-A8WM10 series is no different.
Featuring an 8” LED display, the digital picture frame seems to be rather compact and should not take up unnecessary space on your mantle or shelf. It also has the capability of displaying a resolution of 1280×768, which is higher than what some other competing companies offer (800×600 resolution).
It will also come with 2GB of internal memory, a SDXC Slot, HDMI out, USB 2.0 and USB OTG (so you can directly plug-in your digital camera and what not), along with full HD video playback as well as support for DivX and H.264 video files. Elecom is claiming that the frame should have enough power to have a continuous slideshow of photos for up to 3 hours.RELATED
- Flixster App Launched On Xbox 360 With Support For UltraViolet Videos
- Logitech Unveils Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control Universal Remote Controls
- Panasonic Will Continue To Produce Plasma TVs
- Netflix Reaches 4 Billion Hours Of Streaming Video Milestone In Q1 2013
- LG webOS-Powered TVs Expected In Early 2014
- Follow: digital picture frame, elecom,
- Seen at: en.akihabaranews