If you are a DIY enthusiast, then chances are you might fall in love with this USB-powered Illuminator that does come in handy whenever you are in a tight spot, and in a jiffy, of course. For folks who have exhausted all ways of recycling their collection of ancient compact discs (or even DVDs), then this is the DIY project for you. You will need a single 3.5v bright LED, a 68 ohm resister, a trio of CDs and a USB cable to get started.
Cobbling all of those together will result in the USB-powered Illuminator, where it will definitely help you obtain just a little bit more light when you need, especially when working at a computer. Why three CDs? Those are meant to be the “lamp shade”, and if you decide to throw in a magnifying glass so that when a light source is applied, there will be more of a refractive punch. It isn’t compulsory, but I guess the final result would be a whole lot cooler.
Next Story: Web-based Ovi Calendar calls it a day
- 2014-04-03: Captain America Saves Your Data, Too
- 2014-04-02: USB Type-C Cable Render Spotted
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2014-03-13: dataSTICKIES Concept USB Flash Drive
- 2014-03-10: Aleratec Cruiser Mini Portable Makes Short Work Of USB Flash Drive Duplication
- 2009-10-12: NES controller flash drive
- 2009-12-03: USB wall charger
- 2010-02-04: USB hard drive enclosure hooks up via DVD connector
- 2010-02-04: UMID mbook M1 gets USB port
- 2010-04-06: DIY USB dongle that causes confusion