Bad news for Verizon subscribers who have been itching to throw out their old phones in anticipation of the Galaxy S 2 arriving on the network. According to the latest report by Wall Street Journal, corroborated by the folks at BGR – the Samsung Galaxy S 2 won’t be carried by Big Red. At the August 29th event next week, we’ll be seeing only three new Galaxy S phones – one each for AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. But that doesn’t mean Verizon users won’t be getting any high-end Samsung Android goodness this year.
Apparently Verizon will be introducing a Samsung device later this year, with specs similar to the Galaxy S 2, except that it won’t be a “Galaxy S 2″ device, and might be branded as a DROID, possibly as a successor to the DROID Charge (even though the phone is only a few months old). So if you don’t see a Verizon Galaxy S 2 when Monday comes around – don’t worry too much about it.
Next Story: Tim Cook: "Apple is not going to change"
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2011-09-26: T-Mobile introduces Samsung Galaxy S2
- 2011-09-22: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 almost here?
- 2011-09-21: AT&T Galaxy S2 arriving October 2
- 2011-09-16: Sprint Epic 4G Touch available today
- 2011-09-14: Epic 4G Touch user guide online