Back in July we reported that the ViewSonic ViewPad 10pro was spotted at the FCC. If you liked what you saw back then, the good news is that ViewSonic has come out and officially announced the ViewPad 10pro, which will be going on sale later this month.
For those who forgot, the ViewSonic ViewPad 10pro will be running on Intel’s Atom Z670 processor, clocking a speed of 1.5GHz. It will also feature a 1024×600 resolution display and is said to support full HD 1080p video playback, along with a 1.3MP front-facing camera, and oddly enough there was no mention of a rear-facing camera, so we’re guessing the emphasis placed here would be on video calling rather than snapping photos with the tablet.
Let’s not forget the key feature of the ViewPad 10pro, which is the ability to dual-boot both Windows and Android, allow users access to the best of both worlds. It will allow for dual-booting with Windows 7 and Android’s Gingerbread 2.3.
Interested in getting your hands on the device? The 16GB version of the ViewPad 10pro will come with a price tag of $599 and it will be featuring Windows 7 Home Premium. The 32GB version of the ViewPad 10pro will cost you $699 but will feature Windows 7 Professional instead.
- 2014-02-16: Dual-Booting ViewSonic ViewPad 10i Now Available For $530
- 2013-10-28: ViewSonic Announces 24" VSD241 Smart Display
- 2013-07-23: ViewSonic Debuts 10-Point Windows 8 Certified Touch TD40 Display Series
- 2013-03-19: ViewSonic PJD8 Series Projectors Deliver Dual Pen Interactivity and Advanced Connectivity Technology
- 2013-01-23: ViewSonic Projector Range Gets Updated With Networkable Models
- 2011-10-24: ViewSonic ViewPad 7e available end of the month for $200
- 2011-10-11: ViewSonic outs Viewpad 10e tablet
- 2011-08-26: ViewSonic to unveil budget ViewPad 7e tablet at IFA?
- 2011-07-15: Viewsonic ViewPad 10pro arrives at the FCC
- 2011-05-03: ViewSonic ViewPad 10 gets Android update