If you’re living in the UK, it appears that Virgin Media is considering providing free WiFi in the metropolitan area. It seems that their reasons behind this is because their cable network tends to be idle during the day as it is not used as their customers are at work.
Virgin Media CEO Neil Berkett confirmed that Virgin Media was in “advanced conversations” with some London boroughs about providing half a megabit of free connectivity for the public while ramping up the speed to 10Mb/s for Virgin cable customers.
No word on if and when Virgin Media plans to roll out their WiFi services, but given that a lot of our gadgets such as smartphones and tablets are WiFi capable, instead of utilizing our data allowance, we will be able to connect using WiFi instead. Not only that but it should aid in tourism as tourists will be able to utilize the WiFi connectivity instead of paying for data roaming.RELATED
- Download Gmail And Google Calendar User Data Starting Today
- Top Yahoo Searches In 2013 Revealed
- PayPal Now Offering Digital Gift Cards For Purchase
- Facebook Wants To Make Your News Feed More Relevant
- Over $1.2 Billion Spent Online This Black Friday
- Follow: london, uk, virgin media, wifi,
- Seen at: eweekeurope