There was some whispers about the possibility of HP not licensing webOS, but that remains but a rumor – although today we have heard that webOS might just see action on PCs and printers, not to mention the Pre3 will be launched in “limited” markets, according to webOS chief Stephen DeWitt. DeWitt also mention that HP will continue to invest in the software, never mind that hardware development in terms of webOS tablets and smartphones have come to a halt.
One thing’s for sure, webOS-on-Windows work will continue, and HP intends to see through their previous commitments, although DeWitt remained mum on when such software will make an appearance on PCs and printers. An announcement will be made whenever HP is ready to do so, leaving us with nothing but table scraps as for further information.
There will also be newer updates released for both its Veer phone and for the discontinued TouchPad, while a “limited” launch of the Pre3 smartphone is also part of the equation, and DeWitt has coyly refrained himself from sharing just which territories will be receiving this particular handset.
- 2013-12-30: 'Cards' Interface Rumored For LG WebOS TV
- 2013-12-24: HP Smartphones Rumored To Be Making A Return
- 2013-12-19: LG WebOS TV Will Be Unveiled At CES 2014
- 2013-09-17: HP Blasts Rumors That It Is Making A Smartphone
- 2013-06-20: webOS Like Fate Predicted For Windows RT
- 2013-02-25: LG Acquires webOS From HP For Use In Smart TVs
- 2011-07-04: Leaked HP roadmap points toward TouchPad and Opal show later this year
- 2011-02-09: HP Veer, Pre 3 and TouchPad mentioned on HP's site