Do you think that Apple tends to take the lead when it comes to industrial design of their devices? White phones were never really in vogue, but I guess the presence of a white iPhone certainly changed things around. Of course, there is always the white BlackBerry model as well, but frankly speaking, which handset is sexier and easier on the eyes? I personally don’t really like white phones as they tend to end up being dirty way too fast with regular use – remember the original Game Boy? Did that gather all the dirt and grime around the grooves at the back too fast.
Well, a white DROID Incredible 2 will be arriving on Verizon Wireless this coming August 21st, where this smartphone will launch on Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile specialty stores as well as online if you point your browser towards BestBuy.com.
Apart from the white shade, everything else about this DROID Incredible 2 remains the same inside – yes, the very same model that rolled out in April this year. The white version will run on the Android 2.2 Froyo operating system, which is rather disappointing as nearly everyone else is on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Expect a 4″ WVGA touchscreen display, an 8-megapixel digital camera and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video calls, and Mobile Hotspot capability. Expect to fork out $149.99 for this with a new two-year contract. [Press Release]
Next Story: Foursquare adds events to check-in locations
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20: Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20: Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2011-12-13: HTC DROID Incredible 2 update rolling out
- 2011-10-26: HTC Thunderbolt finally gets working Gingerbread update
- 2011-09-27: Verizon updates HTC Thunderbolt support page
- 2011-09-20: HTC Rhyme spotted, to come with plenty of accessories
- 2011-09-07: HTC Droid Incredible Gingerbread update the manual way