If you have made the jump to the latest OS X Lion version of the operating system without forking out far more than what it is worth, and are interested in running old school Windows operating systems such as the venerable Windows XP and Windows Vista thanks to Boot Camp, then you are in for an unpleasant surprise. Either operating systems will not run in Boot Camp in OS X Lion at all.
This is because Apple has already dropped support for older versions of Windows, and Boot Camp will support only Windows 7 and nothing else. For those who are using Macs at home with Windows XP or Vista installed on Boot Camp, you are able to stash away the Boot Camp partition, although you can’t make the upgrade to the latest version of Boot Camp.
For those who want to retain Windows XP or Windows Vista and yet want to purchase a new Mac or make that upgrade to OS X 10.7 Lion, I’m sorry that there is no compromise at the moment. All you need to do is just make sure you have a Windows 7 installer handy.RELATED
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Jony Ive Designed (RED) Mac Pro Fetches $977,000 At Auction
- Several Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro Owners Complain About Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues
- Historic Apple II DOS Source Code Can Now Be Downloaded
- Follow: lion, os x, os x lion, windows 7,
- Seen at: liliputing