If you use YouTube Music a lot and if you haven’t already noticed, the website has been revamped in such a way to better serve music videos along with personalized recommendations. Personalized recommendations go a long way when discovering new music, and much like word of mouth advertising, music recommended by friends goes a long way as opposed to randomly surfing links in hopes of finding something good.
The revamped YouTube music also features a curated playlist by musicians themselves along with a Billboard Top 20 chart that users can play from start to end. It appears that compared to TV viewers who may spend hours watching their televisions every day, viewers of YouTube’s top 20 channels are only spending 23 minutes a month, which could be the reason behind the revamp as YouTube is hoping to engage users on a deeper level through the discovery of new music.
So if you’re on the lookout for new music and song recommendations by your favorite artists, why not give the new YouTube Music page a go?
Next Story: Firefox 7 Beta uses less memory
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-08: YouTube Live Streaming Now Supported By Chromecast
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-06: YouTube On-Demand Music Streaming Service Delayed [Report]
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition