According to TiPb, a tipster sent them what appears to be photos of Target’s inventory, which showed that the 16GB 3G iPad 2 on both Verizon and AT&T are marked as discontinued. Given our previous report and reasonings on why Apple would not be releasing an iPad 3 this year, this is indeed rather puzzling as to why Target would be marking the 3G versions of the iPad 2 as being discontinued.
Based on what TiPb’s tipster told them:
“That implies that we will not be ordering more, which implies a new iPad is forthcoming rather soon (October-ish, say). Either that or Target’s exiting the iPad business, which seems unlikely. A lot of the cases have gone clearance too.”
What do you guys think? Did someone photoshop a Target inventory just to stir up some drama, or could it be a glitch in Target’s system, or could be something else entirely?
Next Story: Corsair unveils Vengeance gaming headsets
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]