According to TiPb, a tipster sent them what appears to be photos of Target’s inventory, which showed that the 16GB 3G iPad 2 on both Verizon and AT&T are marked as discontinued. Given our previous report and reasonings on why Apple would not be releasing an iPad 3 this year, this is indeed rather puzzling as to why Target would be marking the 3G versions of the iPad 2 as being discontinued.
Based on what TiPb’s tipster told them:
“That implies that we will not be ordering more, which implies a new iPad is forthcoming rather soon (October-ish, say). Either that or Target’s exiting the iPad business, which seems unlikely. A lot of the cases have gone clearance too.”
What do you guys think? Did someone photoshop a Target inventory just to stir up some drama, or could it be a glitch in Target’s system, or could be something else entirely?
Next Story: Corsair unveils Vengeance gaming headsets
- 2014-03-13: Target Hack Reportedly Detected By Its System But Went Ignored
- 2014-02-25: U.S. Attorney General Wants Law On Swift Notification Of Data Breaches
- 2014-02-13: iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2014-02-09: Swipe And Sign Cards May Not Work After October 2015
- 2014-02-04: Target Implementing New Credit Card Security Technology
- 2013-10-21: iPad 2 Is Still Apple's Most Widely Used Tablet
- 2013-04-23: Refurbished iPad 2 And iPad 3 Prices Slashed By Apple
- 2012-11-30: 7 Chinese Jailed In "Kidney For iPad" Trial
- 2012-10-22: Apple rumored to phase out iPad 2 after iPad mini goes on sale