Shopping around for a new tablet, but do not quite know whether to take the tried and tested iPad 2 route, or to go for something different with the myriad of Android-powered tablets out there? Well, if you want to settle for the latter, here is something that Taiwanese computer manufacturer Acer has up their sleeves – the Acer Iconia Tab A501 which is set to arrive on AT&T this coming September 18th, where you can pick up the 16GB model for $480 outright, or if you prefer to get a discount, then be prepared to fork out $330 to go along with a 2-year contract.
You might want to refer to our post on 4G technologies as AT&T has classified this as “4G”, although their version of 4G means HSPA+ instead of LTE. While definitely faster than 3G, it still falls far behind the current king of the hill. Still, if you think the Acer Iconia Tab A501 fits you and your lifestyle to a ‘T’, then you will be bringing home an Android 3.0 Honeycomb powered tablet with an Android 3.1 update coming your way via the OTA (over-the-air) route.
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2012-07-05: Acer Iconia Tab A120 receives FCC nod of approval
- 2012-05-17: Acer Iconia Tab A700 hits the FCC
- 2012-04-25: Acer Iconia Tab A500 gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich early?
- 2012-02-16: Acer Iconia Tab A510 hits the FCC
- 2012-01-08: Acer "announces" new Iconia Tab Android tablet