Whenever there’s something that does well, there’s bound to be haters, and that was the case with Activision’s highly successful franchise – Call of Duty. The franchise’s upcoming game, Modern Warfare 3 was the target of a prankster who registered modernwarfare3.com and directed it to his anti-MW3 website. Needless to say, Activision wasn’t too pleased about the whole thing and took the case to court.
As you can imagine, the court ruled in favor of Activision which was then transferred to the company. At this time of writing, modernwarfare3.com leads to an error page, but I believe it will be used to redirect to the official MW3 website in the near future. The anti-MW3 website owner could have bought a domain name like mw3isterrible.com or something similar to avoid all this legal hassle but he didn’t, so it looks like he won’t have an anti-MW3 website with the same URL anymore.
Next Story: Hitachi introduces its first 4TB drives
- 2014-02-21 New Tony Hawk Game Confirmed
- 2014-02-12 Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty's Visuals To Be Huge Improvement Over Ghosts
- 2014-02-06 Call Of Duty Franchise To Get 3 Year Dev Cycle
- 2013-11-25 Activision Claims Crash Bandicoot Has Not Been Sold To Sony
- 2013-11-22 Atari 2600 Action Figures Pays Homage To Activision's Heroes
- 2011-10-27 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 weapons progression system revealed
- 2011-10-24 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 official launch trailer released
- 2011-10-20 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Strike Packages detailed
- 2011-10-18 Logitech releases official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 keyboard and mouse
- 2011-10-07 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – Redemption trailer released