Whenever there’s something that does well, there’s bound to be haters, and that was the case with Activision’s highly successful franchise – Call of Duty. The franchise’s upcoming game, Modern Warfare 3 was the target of a prankster who registered modernwarfare3.com and directed it to his anti-MW3 website. Needless to say, Activision wasn’t too pleased about the whole thing and took the case to court.
As you can imagine, the court ruled in favor of Activision which was then transferred to the company. At this time of writing, modernwarfare3.com leads to an error page, but I believe it will be used to redirect to the official MW3 website in the near future. The anti-MW3 website owner could have bought a domain name like mw3isterrible.com or something similar to avoid all this legal hassle but he didn’t, so it looks like he won’t have an anti-MW3 website with the same URL anymore.
Next Story: Hitachi introduces its first 4TB drives
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- North Korea May Launch A Cyber Attack Using Online Games
- YouTube Easter Egg Allows You To Play Missile Command
- Facebook: The Board Game Concept Wants To Get You Off The Internet
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20