Rovio is certainly milking their Angry Birds franchise for all it is worth, having partnered with Starbucks in order to bring Birds leaderboards and promotions into stores, and now we have word that Rovio will also deliver Angry Birds goodness to Formula 1. If you want to see some really pissed off feathered friends at a racetrack, then you might want to make your way down to the night race in Singapore, where it will debut as a new crowd game which can be played by spectators there.
Rovio has worked with Singapore Telecommunications, with the help of Finnish startup Uplause Ltd, the brains behind the world’s first live event gaming platform, to create a specially crafted game for the showpiece racing event in the South East Asian city-state.
According to Rovio’s marketing chief Peter Vesterbacka, “We think this new form of gaming will give fans a great opportunity to form a strong emotional connection with the characters.” I think fans are already emotionally connected, and will need no further catalyst. It seems that this new game will be controlled by the amount of noise you make with your voice. Shout yourself hoarse!RELATED
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Follow: angry birds, f1, rovio, singapore,
- Seen at: thenextweb