Rovio is certainly milking their Angry Birds franchise for all it is worth, having partnered with Starbucks in order to bring Birds leaderboards and promotions into stores, and now we have word that Rovio will also deliver Angry Birds goodness to Formula 1. If you want to see some really pissed off feathered friends at a racetrack, then you might want to make your way down to the night race in Singapore, where it will debut as a new crowd game which can be played by spectators there.
Rovio has worked with Singapore Telecommunications, with the help of Finnish startup Uplause Ltd, the brains behind the world’s first live event gaming platform, to create a specially crafted game for the showpiece racing event in the South East Asian city-state.
According to Rovio’s marketing chief Peter Vesterbacka, “We think this new form of gaming will give fans a great opportunity to form a strong emotional connection with the characters.” I think fans are already emotionally connected, and will need no further catalyst. It seems that this new game will be controlled by the amount of noise you make with your voice. Shout yourself hoarse!
Next Story: Olympus E-P3 Review
- 2014-03-12: Angry Birds Epic Is A Turn Based RPG
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-29: Angry Birds Website Hacked, Known As Spying Birds Instead
- 2014-01-28: Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users
- 2013-11-27: Angry Birds Go! In-App Purchases Rumored To Get Very Expensive