As it turns out, it looks like those rumors about a 4th of October announcement for the next iPhone may be true. Apple has issued invitations to the media for a special iPhone event, which confirms the previous reports that it would be held at Apple’s Cupertino campus. Not much was revealed in the invite, although we guess that’s to be expected since they probably are keeping the good stuff until the event itself.
As you can see in the picture above, the invite included iOS icons such as the Calendar (which shows the 4th, which is a Tuesday), a Clock that’s set a 10am, a Map and a Phone, and is accompanied by the tag line “Let’s talk iPhone.” We expect that it’s also during this event where iOS 5 and iCloud will be launched, along with a more than likely refresh of the iPod line, and possibly even the launch of the Facebook application for the iPad. Finally, something that isn’t a rumor.
Next Story: Battlefield 3 Beta goes live today
- 2014-04-11: DataBeat - Using Data To Ignite Growth
- 2014-04-09: Wearable Wednesday SF: Avoiding Traps When Building Wearable Hardware April 16
- 2014-03-04: French Tech Club, 9-11 March at SXSW in Austin
- 2013-10-18: Open Mobile Summit including Appcelerate, Nov 12-14 - San Francisco
- 2013-10-15: Apple Still Has “A Lot To Cover” This October 22nd
- 2013-02-13: iPhone Tops Japan Market Share
- 2013-02-05: iPhone Battery Case: Mophie Juice Pack Helium Shipping Next Week
- 2013-01-28: Budget iPhone Could Be A Frankenstein Phone Borrowing From iPhone 5, iPod Touch [Rumor]
- 2013-01-22: Verizon Activates Over 6 Million iPhones In Q4 2012
- 2013-01-15: iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]