It seems like we can’t get through a week without hearing about another Apple vs Samsung/Samsung vs Apple lawsuit. For those who haven’t been keeping track, both companies have taken their patent war to a global scale, with Apple chasing Samsung to Australia, then Europe where they got a successful injunction upheld in Germany and then taking it to Japan. Samsung then brought the fight to France, and earlier this year in June they sued Apple in the UK for patent infringement over wireless technology. Now it looks like Apple has countered Samsung’s lawsuit in the UK with their own.
It was confirmed by Apple that a counter lawsuit had been lodged, although as to the specifics of the case remains unknown. So far Apple has gone after Samsung for patent infringement over designs of their products, while Samsung has pursued patent infringement cases over the technology inside the products. Stay tuned and we will keep you posted as we’re sure more details will surface over time. Anyone else think that now’s a great time to be one of Samsung’s or Apple’s lawyers?
- 2014-04-24 Flexible Displays Rumored For Galaxy S6 And Galaxy Note 5
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2011-10-14 Dutch court rejects Samsung's request for iPhone 4S ban
- 2011-10-04 Apple rejects Samsung's deal in Australia
- 2011-09-30 Samsung offers Apple a deal to let them sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia
- 2011-09-26 Samsung reportedly charging Apple 2.4% per 3G chip
- 2011-09-23 Samsung to start getting aggressive with Apple