There has been plenty of rumors surrounding the iPad 3 and how it would be seeing a release this year. This makes little sense considering this move would upset tons of iPad 2 users who rushed out to buy the iPad 2 when it launched, and even waited when supplies ran short due to LCD issues from LG Display, who is one of the display manufacturers for Apple’s iPad. Not to mention, much like the iPhone 4, the iPad 2 is still a hot seller, and introducing its successor barely a year into its release just doesn’t make sense.
According to an analyst with J.P. Morgan, Mark Moskowitz, his inside sources told him that prototypes for Apple’s iPad 3 are alive and well, and is reportedly circling within the supply chain. However he then goes on to mention that while there are indeed working prototypes of the iPad 3 around, given how there has yet to be a wildly successful tablet like the iPad 2, Apple shouldn’t be in any rush to release the iPad 3.
This corroborates with the yearly life cycle that typically accompanies Apple products, and for iPad 3 hopefuls, it’s more than likely that you will not be seeing the iPad 3 this year, but instead you should expect the tablet to hit some time in 2012.
- 2014-02-25: Motorola’s Google Smartwatch Prototype Spotted
- 2013-09-03: Acer Extend Prototype Spotted
- 2013-07-25: Google Could Work On A Different Set Top Device
- 2013-07-03: Bing Maps Spots Prototype Russian Fighter Jet
- 2013-04-23: Refurbished iPad 2 And iPad 3 Prices Slashed By Apple
- 2012-11-05: iPad mini, Nexus 7 and iPad 3 face-off in drop test and water dunk video
- 2012-10-30: The New iPad 3 Is Way Faster Than The Old iPad 3
- 2012-10-22: Don't buy an iPad 3 today unless you like the old 30-pin connector
- 2012-03-19: iPad 3 Review
- 2011-12-09: Analyst predicts iPad 3 to be released in February 2012