It looks like we’re going to see some new MacBook Pro notebooks very soon. According to a report from Apple Insider, a highly trusted source with insight into Apple’s future product plans told them that the fruity company has a MacBook Pro refresh in store for us – and they are slated to arrive in stores before the end of the month.
However, as the name implies, the refreshed notebooks only feature minor improvements over the current generation MacBook Pros. The 15″ and 17″ MacBook Pros are said to use Intel’s latest Core i7 processors that were recently released, while the entry level 13″ MacBook Pro will get slightly faster Core i5 processors as well.
Other than the processor upgrade there should be no other changes to the MacBook Pros. The refresh is said to just serve as a transition between the current MacBook Pros and the future MacBook Pros that should feature Intel’s upcoming Ivy Bridge processors. We’re already halfway through the month so we won’t have to wait too long to see if these reports are true or not.
- 2014-03-05 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07 Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03 OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30 Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28 Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-03-05 2013 Retina MacBook Pro Has Fan Speed Issues
- 2013-02-13 MacBook Pro With Retina Display Prices Updated
- 2011-10-24 MacBook Pro refreshed specs (Official)
- 2011-10-17 Apple MacBook Pro refresh imminent?
- 2010-12-15 Whispers of MacBook Pro and iMac redesigns on the horizon