It looks like we’re going to see some new MacBook Pro notebooks very soon. According to a report from Apple Insider, a highly trusted source with insight into Apple’s future product plans told them that the fruity company has a MacBook Pro refresh in store for us – and they are slated to arrive in stores before the end of the month.
However, as the name implies, the refreshed notebooks only feature minor improvements over the current generation MacBook Pros. The 15″ and 17″ MacBook Pros are said to use Intel’s latest Core i7 processors that were recently released, while the entry level 13″ MacBook Pro will get slightly faster Core i5 processors as well.
Other than the processor upgrade there should be no other changes to the MacBook Pros. The refresh is said to just serve as a transition between the current MacBook Pros and the future MacBook Pros that should feature Intel’s upcoming Ivy Bridge processors. We’re already halfway through the month so we won’t have to wait too long to see if these reports are true or not.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Follow: Apple Inc, Macbook Pro, refresh,
- Seen at: appleinsider