Are you sick and tired of all the heaving around your laptop whenever you travel, wishing that your boss had bought you a far lighter laptop with sufficient processing firepower? I suppose by the time the next upgrade cycle arrives, you might want to pitch in the Asus U46SV-DH51 as a candidate. Yes sir, this 14″ model is not only thin but light – and you can place a pre-order over at Excaliber PC if you so happen to live Stateside.
Don’t be mistaken though, this is no Ultrabook, but Asus still managed to cram in an Intel Core i5-2410M processor, a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M GPU, 4GB RAM, a 640GB hard drive and a DVD burner – a miracle considering the chassis measures a mere 1.08″ at the thickest point – now how about that?
The Asus U46SV will come in a Brushed Champagne case, sporting a hinge-forward design while following a thin bezel trend that can be seen in other models from Samsung and Gateway amongst others. Other hardware specifications include a 14″ 1366×768 LED display, an 8-cell battery, USB 3.0 connectivity, a 3-in-1 memory card reader, a VGA webcam, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, and HDMI output.
Expect to fork out $879 for the Asus U46SV-DH51, with shipping tipped to arrive on October 1st onwards.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-01-05: HP G350 G1 Hits The CES 2014 Showfloor
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
- 2013-03-29: VIZIO Prices New Line Of Laptops, Desktops
- 2009-11-18: Asus UL30Vt notebook
- 2010-02-25: Asus unveils NVIDIA Optimus-powered notebooks