Are you sick and tired of all the heaving around your laptop whenever you travel, wishing that your boss had bought you a far lighter laptop with sufficient processing firepower? I suppose by the time the next upgrade cycle arrives, you might want to pitch in the Asus U46SV-DH51 as a candidate. Yes sir, this 14″ model is not only thin but light – and you can place a pre-order over at Excaliber PC if you so happen to live Stateside.
Don’t be mistaken though, this is no Ultrabook, but Asus still managed to cram in an Intel Core i5-2410M processor, a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M GPU, 4GB RAM, a 640GB hard drive and a DVD burner – a miracle considering the chassis measures a mere 1.08″ at the thickest point – now how about that?
The Asus U46SV will come in a Brushed Champagne case, sporting a hinge-forward design while following a thin bezel trend that can be seen in other models from Samsung and Gateway amongst others. Other hardware specifications include a 14″ 1366×768 LED display, an 8-cell battery, USB 3.0 connectivity, a 3-in-1 memory card reader, a VGA webcam, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, and HDMI output.
Expect to fork out $879 for the Asus U46SV-DH51, with shipping tipped to arrive on October 1st onwards.RELATED
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- China Wants Longer Windows XP Support From Microsoft
- Facebook Founder Wants To Deliver Fast Internet To High Schools
- Touchscreen Chromebooks Coming Your Way, Acer C720P Leads The Way
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- Follow: asus, laptop, notebook,
- Seen at: laptoping