We all know that the Windows Phone 7 Mango update will be happening in a week or two’s time, but for folks who are jiving with AT&T, you will be pleased to hear that AT&T’s plans fro the Mango updates will kick start this coming September 27th. That’s right, original emails from a Ma Bell employee that featured attached images alongside the relevant names and times mentioned, “Starting September 27, 2011, Microsoft has approved and is planning to release a new “Mango” update to AT&T customers using…” – wait for it, the HTC Surround (SKU 65212), LG Quantum (SKU 65205) and Samsung Focus (SKU 65203).
Not only that, there will be another future release which “is projected to be available for customers with the HTC HD7S (SKU 65255) in early to mid October. A subsequent advisory will be provided for the HTC HD7S after the MR update has successfully passed TA.”
In order to take advantage of the update, you will need to first plug in your handset and download the new Zune software. As for unlocked Dell Venue Pro owners, you need not fret.
Next Story: ZTE Skate hits the global market
- 2011-12-29 Nokia Lumia 710 appears on T-Mobile's page with SmartStart
- 2011-11-30 AT&T Dell Venue Pro Mango update finally arrives
- 2011-11-09 HTC TITAN arrives on AT&T later this month
- 2011-11-08 Tango for Windows Phone now available [video chat]
- 2011-11-07 Spotify hits Windows Phone 7.5 devices
- 2011-10-28 AT&T announces a trio of new Windows Phones
- 2011-10-19 Windows Phone Mango update available to "nearly everyone"
- 2011-10-13 Firmware update for AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S2 leaked
- 2011-09-12 HTC Titan, Samsung Focus S, Focus Flash headed to AT&T