If you’ve been holding out from getting the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, we’ve got some great news for you. AT&T has just announced the launch of the Xperia Play 4G on its network – and this time you get the Xperia Play with the added bonus of HSPA+ connectivity (yes, in this case 4G doesn’t mean LTE) and it’ll come in an exclusive “stealth blue” color.
The Xperia Play is the first ever PlayStation-certified gaming device that is also an Android phone. It features a 4″ 480 x 854 screen, stereo speakers, a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, and Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread. And let’s not forget the dedicated slide-out gamepad with physical buttons and a touchpad that mimics the Sony PlayStation controller.
The Xperia Play 4G will also come preloaded with seven games (which should give you more incentive to get it from AT&T instead of its competitors. The bundled games are: Dungeon Defenders Second Wave, Asphalt 6 Adrenaline, Star Battalion, Madden NFL 11, The Sims 3, Tower Bloxx and Crash Bandicoot.
The Xperia Play 4G will go on sale September 18th for $49.99 with a 2-year contract. Check out our review of the Xperia Play if you’re on the fence about picking up the phone.
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-08-10: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play PlayStation One emulator reverse engineered to play custom ISOs
- 2011-06-27: Xperia Play Review
- 2011-04-01: Full Lineup of Xperia Play Games Unveiled, Global Launch Imminent
- 2011-03-31: PlayStation Games for Xperia Play Show Up in Android Market
- 2011-03-22: Sony Ericsson's Xperia Play to Drop on Verizon in Mid-April