We first heard that Baidu might be making their way into the mobile operating system market more than a year ago, and with the top search engine on China developing their very own Web browser, here is the latest on Baidu Inc. – it seems that the company has offered a glimpse of its upcoming mobile operating system, while rolling out a new mobile application platform in order to boost its presence in the mobile web market that if anything, has gotten even more competitive than ever before.
This new mobile OS will be known as Baidu Yi, where it allows third-party application developers to develop a variety of apps including games, maps and other tools which can be later distributed in a manner that is not too different from what Apple’s App Store offers. Modeled after Google’s Android mobile operating system, expect Baidu Yi to arrive in mobile devices sometime down the road.
Apart from that, Baidu will also be rolling out its new homepage that will see the inclusion of a quartet of features, including social networking functions, to keep up with the times. With around 200 million registered users, we are stoked to see how Baidu will fare in the mobile OS market considering Intel has already pulled out from the MeeGo initiative “temporarily”.RELATED
- Let Your Favorite Tunes Wake You Up With Pandora For iOS
- Motorola Unveils Holiday Boot Screen Animation For Moto X And Moto G
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Receives Snapdragon 800 Chipset
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Starts To Appear On Different Nexus Devices (Unofficial)
- KitKat Devices Feature Android Menu Button By Default
- Follow: baidu, mobile os, operating system,
- Seen at: reuters