To show that Battlefield isn’t going to be only about large scale, multiplayer battles, DICE’s junior project manager Tommy Rydling recently shared some new details about about the upcoming military fragfest this October. Battlefield 3’s co-op mode will have two players working together to complete missions like working a mounted gun while the other one flies the chopper, or covering your partner while he/she disarms a bomb. Users will also be able to revive their team mate when he/she goes down – similar to Left 4 Dead, but when both soldiers are down, it’s game over.
The co-op mode story will run in the same scenario as the single-player campaign, but it will feature randomized events which means it’ll have a higher level of replayability. Gear that is unlocked in co-op mode can also be used in regular multiplayer modes, which should be more than enough incentive for gamers to play co-op mode. The unlocks will be based on combined scores accumulated throughout the co-op campaign. It sounds like co-op fans gaming are going to have a lot of fun this October.
Next Story: Motorola DROID Bionic website unlocked
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-30: EA Origin Service To Go 100% Digital From April Onwards
- 2014-03-19: EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]
- 2013-10-31: Battlefield 3 Player Uses Military Terms During Match For A Hilarious Experience
- 2012-03-28: Battlefield 3 1.04 update crashes PS3
- 2011-12-20: Battlefield 3: Physical Warfare pack now on PC and Xbox 360
- 2011-12-20: Battlefield 3 commercial created by FreddieW
- 2011-12-19: Battlefield 2143 hinted in Battlefield 3