Good things come to those who wait – just like the people who didn’t rush out to buy the HP TouchPad, consumers who have been holding out for the BlackBerry PlayBook can rejoice. Best Buy has officially put the QNX tablet on sale, with a significant price cut. The 16GB model will be reduced by $50 to $449.99, while the 32GB model will have its price cut by $50 to $549.99, and the 64GB model will have its price cut by $150 to $549.99.
Yes you read that right – the 32GB model now costs as much as the 64GB model. As to why Best Buy is doing that, we’re not sure (possibly to get rid of 64GB stock) but either way, it’s a win-win situation for consumers.However the price reductions only last until September 5th so if you want to get one at the reduced price, you only have until Monday.
Is the PlayBook going in the same direction as the TouchPad and turn into an overnight success? It probably will if it the HP treatment and was sold for $99, but for now it’s highly unlikely. This price cut should move a few more units than usual this long weekend though. Check out our PlayBook review if you’re on the fence about buying the now discounted tablet.RELATED
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- LG V510 Is A Google Play Edition LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos iOS App Gets Native iPad And Video Upload Support
- Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- Record Android Device's Screen With Audio Through CyanogenMod Screencast App
- Follow: blackberry, blackberry playbook, playbook, price cut, qnx, RIM, Tablet,
- Seen at: product-reviews.net