In the wake of HP’s fire sale for the TouchPad, it looks like yet another tablet will be given a price reduction to encourage sales. This time around it’s the HTC Flyer, thanks to the folks over at Best Buy. It has been reported that starting tomorrow, October 1st, Best Buy outlets will be reducing the price of the HTC Flyer from $499 to $299. That’s $200 off, similar to what the BlackBerry PlayBook has been getting. Then again, it’s not like we didn’t see this coming.
Since the HTC Flyer was released, it hasn’t really made an impact on the tablet world, with hardly anybody even talking about it. Probably the fact that it was a 7″ device running on Android 2.3 had something to do with it. Let’s not forget the overpriced stylus that added notable functionality to the tablet.
With tablets receiving price cuts here and there, is the iPad going to be the only tablet that can actually fly off shelves with a $499 price tag? How many of you will be picking up the HTC Flyer after the price reduction?
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2011-12-05: HTC Flyer gets Honeycomb
- 2011-05-20: HTC Flyer Available today at Best Buy
- 2011-04-22: HTC Flyer pre-order begins this Sunday
- 2011-03-31: HTC Flyer shown off in a 6 minute video
- 2011-03-18: HTC EVO 3D and EVO View 4G specs leaked