One of the best parts about the Xbox 360 Kinect is the fact that it doesn’t require any controllers – users just move their arms and bodies around in front of the camera to play the games. There’s no need for extra controllers or accessories. However, sometimes it’s hard to replace the feeling of holding a controller in your hand, i.e. games that require you to hold guns for shooting.
Well, it looks like the Xbox 360 is going to receive its first controller with the launch of Cabela’s new game – Big Game Hunter: Hunting Party. As the name suggests, it is a game about big game hunting – players make use of a gun to shoot targets that consists of animals in the animal’s habitat. The game will come bundled with a gun controller called the Top Shot Sport.
It utilizes three light-bulbs to let the Kinect know where you’re aiming and pointing at, while you use the rest of your body to move around. Additional features include the ability to kick away animals such as wolves when they come to harass you on your hunt. The addition of a controller shows that Kinect games can be taken one step further than what we have now. It’ll be interesting to see what other games will take advantage of this functionality.
Big Game Hunter: Hunting Party will be released on November 1st for $70 (including the Top Shot Sport).
Next Story: Twitter now has 100 million active users
- 2014-04-14 Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11 Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07 GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06 Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06 Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2013-06-28 Doodle Jump For Kinect Now Available On Xbox 360
- 2013-04-29 Microsoft Kinect Hacked To Become A 'BoobTracker'
- 2013-02-12 Xbox 360 Sales Soar Past 76 Million Units; Kinect Sales Hit 24 Million
- 2011-08-09 Fruit Ninja for Kinect now available on Xbox Live
- 2011-07-25 Avatar Kinect arriving on Xbox LIVE today