Great news for BlackBerry users – RIM has officially released a brand new update for the BlackBerry App World today. Bringing the app up to version 3.0, the latest App World features a brand new user interface which makes looking for the app you want a much easier affair. Apps, games and themes are now all in their own channels, and there’s been the addition of a new search bar and filtering options.
Users’ BlackBerry ID accounts have also been implemented to make payment options easier, and now there are social sharing options which let users easily share content via Facebook, BBM and Twitter. Look out for the notification update on your BlackBerry phone (only for devices with BB 5 OS and above) over the next few days, or head over to the official BlackBerry website to download the update.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2011-11-30: BlackBerry App World gets new content ratings
- 2011-07-28: RIM releases BlackBerry Messenger 6 with BBM connected apps
- 2011-06-03: BlackBerry Mobile Conference out of beta
- 2011-05-19: Twitter 2.0 for BlackBerry released today
- 2011-02-02: BlackBerry App World updated to 2.1