Remember the leaked image of a BlackBerry that we looked at yesterday, wondering whether it is some clone from China because it came with the word “PROCEEDING” labeled at the top? Perhaps it is not a clone after all, since the dubbed BlackBerry Bold 9980 will follow the basic layout of the 9900, albeit with a rather harsh-looking metal exterior. Sporting the code name “Knight” (I wonder if that has anything to do with the shining armor in which it comes in), this might end up being a special edition model with Porsche branding.
Should that be the case, then you will most probably find an elite few carrying the Bold 9980/Knight around, since it will undoubtedly be expensive to the layman, and quite rare to boot.
We do know that the BlackBerry Bold 9980 will run on BlackBerry OS 7, and it seems that there is another render of the handset that no longer features the word ‘PROCEEDING’ at the top, but rather, it has been replaced with Chinese characters. Why, oh why, can’t just the word ‘Porsche’ be there to confirm its existence once and for all?
Next Story: Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha build hits the HTC EVO 3D
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Optimistic That Handset Business Will Be Profitable By 2015
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Will Be Officially Known As The BlackBerry Classic
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Claims He Was Misquoted On Handset Division Sale
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Renamed 'BlackBerry Classic'
- 2014-03-31: BlackBerry Bold 9900 Resurrected To Appease Diehard Customers
- 2012-01-03: BlackBerry Porsche P'9981 available for pre-order now
- 2011-12-27: BlackBerry Porsche P'9981 theme on your Bold 9900/9930
- 2011-11-25: BlackBerry Bold 9790 goes on sale in Jakarta, chaos ensues
- 2011-11-15: BlackBerry Bold 9790 and BlackBerry Curve 9380 announced